F-500 Encapsulator Technology
Some of the features and benefits of F-500 Multipurpose Agent are:
- Is nontoxic, non-corrosive, fully biodegradable
- Is an effective firefighting agent for Class A and Class B fires
- Has no blanket to break as with foam
- Can be used through existing equipment via proportioning, eduction, or can
be pre-mixed and delivered through a standard fire hose
- Can be pre-mixed and applied using a 2.5-gallon pressurized water
- To fill a 2.5-gallon extinguisher, use nine and one-half (9.5) quarts of
water and one (1) pint of F-500
- Utilizes new micelle encapsulator technology to eliminate the
combustibility of the fuel leg of the fire tetrahedron. By removing the fuel
leg of the fire tetrahedron, F-500 can effectively eliminate the danger
created by the spill of Class B liquids.
- Significantly reduces heat and interrupts the free radical chain reaction
For flammable material spills, where an ignition source could lead to fire if
the fuel is not neutralized, F-500 is a superior spill control agent.
What can F-500 do for me?
- Fire Suppressant
- F-500 is listed for use on Class A and Class B fires at 1%, 3%, and 6%.
- It can be used to extinguish Class D metal fires.
- Flammable Hydrocarbon Spill Control Agent
- F-500 can be used to render flammable hydrocarbons nonflammable without the
formation of a fragile foam blanket.
- Vapor Mitigation Agent
- F-500 can be used to rapidly lower flammable and noxious vapors to below the
Lower Explosive Limit (LEL).
- Tank / Pipeline Cleaning
- F-500 can be used to clean oil well production tanks, pipelines, petroleum
storage tanks, and sludge.
- Surface Washing
- While not endorsed or recommended, the US EPA has listed F-500 on the NCP
product schedule for use as a surface washing agent for use on oil spills.
- Remediation Agent
- F-500 has been successfully used to clean and remediate areas of ground that
have been contaminated with gasoline, diesel fuel, benzene, cyclohexane and
| Tire fire extinguished using F-500
What is "Life Safety" and how can it benefit me?
You will see many "Life Safety" benefits while utilizing F-500 in
- Quick Knockdown - 4 to 5 times faster than water
- Rapid Heat Reduction - At ½%, F-500 has 6 times more cooling than
- Hazardous Spill Control - Renders flammable liquids nonflammable
- Vapor Reduction - Reduces explosive vapors on contact
- Smoke Reduction - Reduces smoke thus increasing visibility and
safety for firefighters
For more information and pricing, please e-mail us at